Making your move into 1/8 scale buggy bashing has never been easier. The TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA 550 Speed Buggy brings exciting TYPHON™ buggy style to a 2S LiPo-capable brushed version that's ready for action in all terrain. Its 12T 550 brushed motor supplies rippling muscle for rock-jumping speeds. The waterproof* electronics are ready for any weather. dBoots® 2-HO tires on tough, multi-spoke wheels find traction on any surface. The Spektrum™ STX2® radio with SRX200 receiver offers many of the same features found in high-end 2.4GHz systems — throttle and servo reversing, throttle and steering travel adjust, throttle limiting and more — for the ultimate control. Precision aluminum, tough steel and composite materials come together for an easy-to-maintain, super-durable vehicle design whose high downforce wing and low center of gravity, with wide arms and narrow wheels and tires, improve handling over race tracks, trails, muddy courses, skate parks, and more. Just add four AA batteries.
*Note: For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual.
- Spektrum™ STX2® 2.4GHz radio
- 2-Channel SRX200 waterproof receiver
- Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
- Extended range and interference-free performance
- Throttle/steering reversing
- Throttle/steering travel adjust
- Throttle limiting
- ADS-5 waterproof 5kg-cm servo (70 oz-inch @ 6V)
- MEGA 12T Brushed 550 motor
- MEGA waterproof ESC
- IC3™ connectors (EC3™ compatible)
- Easy-access power module
- Easy-access electronics module
- Easy-access diff module removal front and rear
- Oil-filled shocks
- Smooth bearings
- Tough metal gears
- Tough multi-spoke black wheels and multi-terrain dBoots® 2-HO tires
- Painted, decaled and trimmed body
- Adjustable body mounts
- Adjustable ride height
- High-downforce wing
- 2400mAh 8.4V 7-cell NiMH battery
- ADC-N7 7-cell NiMH wall charger
- 30 mph (48km/h) speed achievable in optimum driving conditions with optional gearing
- 2-year limited warranty
- *Note: For details on waterproof standards, refer to the instruction manual.
Powered by the MEGA 550 brushed motor system, the ARRMA® 1/8 TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA 550 RTR Speed Buggy is DESIGNED FAST, DESIGNED TOUGH — built for exciting bashing speeds and extreme, all-terrain durability.
Its full-time 4WD transmission with front and rear differentials uses strong front, rear, and centerline telescoping driveshafts that can't be lost during heavy impacts, unlike dogbones. A simple, dependable, responsive steering assembly complements the ultra-reliable drive system and features a servo horn with built-in servo saver. The easy-to-bleed, oil-filled shocks use a tried and tested, coil-over design for simple maintenance and amazing handling. An innovative rod end design has a molded-in spring perch for extra toughness.
The TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA 550 RTR Speed Buggy's ingenious modular design makes chassis components easy to access for maintenance. Its power module consists of a MEGA 550 motor, motor plate, slipper clutch assembly and gear cover. The power module can be detached from the chassis as a complete unit by removing just one screw. With the power module removed, the slipper clutch can be reached easily for adjustments by taking out three screws that attach the gear cover. The power module design also ensures that pinion and spur gear mesh is perfect every time, using numbered holes for different pinion gear sizes.
A two-piece molding screwed to the chassis serves as its electronics module, containing a waterproof radio box, servo mount, and ESC tray. The radio receiver mounts inside the radio box for protection from dirt and moisture. The ultra-compact ESC is screwed to the top of the module, allowing quick access to the on/off switch, while the servo mounts to the side. All three components can be removed together, quickly and easily.
The differential module houses each assembled differential unit in an innovative yoke design. Only eight screws need to be removed to release the front and rear yokes. The power module can then be detached, allowing you to pivot the gearbox cases for access to the differentials. Each differential gear case features large pitch gears that are engineered to withstand huge torque. Internal metal gears have been chosen for reliability during extreme bashing.
Finally, tough, multi-spoke black wheels with dBoots® 2-HO tires give the TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA 550 RTR effective traction for bashing on almost any terrain.
Needed to Complete
What's in the Box?
- (1) 1/8 TYPHON™ 4X4 MEGA 550 4WD Speed Buggy with:
- (1) ARRMA MEGA ESC
- (1) MEGA 12T 550 Brushed Motor with IC3™ Connectors (EC3™ compatible)
- (1) Spektrum™ 2.4GHz STX2® Radio and SRX200 Receiver
- (1) ADS-5 Servo
- (1) 2400mAh 8.4V 7-cell NiMH Battery
- (1) ADC-N7 7-cell NiMH Wall Charger
- (1) Product Manual